Plaxinator
Legend
Twitter ID: JessUK98
Now Playing: Destiny 2
Battlefield 1
Gran Turismo Sport

Re: Kodi

Postby Plaxinator » 15 May 2017 13:53

@mik_69, I don't know if you've sorted anything yet, but I have set up a windows machine (via Ethernet) in my living room. I used a Gigabyte Brix. Mine was a barebones kit so I had to add my own HDD, RAM and OS (oh and I got a mini wireless keyboard with touchpad) but it was very simple. I think it's great as it's tiny and I can also use it as a normal PC to play games or watch Netflix etc. So something else to consider, although the pi opetion is probably the cheapest option.

mik_69
Twitter ID: mik_69
Now Playing: Destiny 2, NFS Payback

Postby mik_69 » 11 Jun 2017 11:57

Uh oh, could this be the end of kodi:

http://www.wirelesshack.org/list-of-kod ... -2017.html

I still have Exodus working for now. I won't update Kodi again until I see how this pans out though.

If it does go pear-shaped sure it won't be long before something else appears on the scene.

Funar
Site Admin
Twitter ID: @PSLFunar
Now Playing: Destiny, Destiny

Postby Funar » 22 Aug 2017 21:42

Boy, Kodi has changed a lot! I just upgraded to the latest FireTV Stick with Alexa (I have been using an Amazon Echo Dot for a while now and love it!). Installing Kodi is a lot easier now and can be done directly from the device with no sideloading from a PC. I used ES File Explorer but using Downloader appears to be the easiest method https://seo-michael.co.uk/tutorial-how- ... firestick/ Use 32-bit apk for the FireTV Stick.

Kodi Krypton menus are different and cleaner looking. Covenant is the new Exodus which was the new Phoenix. I guess these things will continue to evolve in a cat-and-mouse type fashion. Extremely clear step by step instructions with screenshots here. I used the instructions for Krypton (v17) a couple of pages down. https://seo-michael.co.uk/how-to-instal ... -for-kodi/

Chuckleboy
Twitter ID: @Chuckleboy
Now Playing: BF1, Doom, SW:BF, Overwatch, Dishonored 1&2, Titanfall 2

Postby Chuckleboy » 22 Aug 2017 22:37

Cheers for the update, will give this a go next week when I'm off work, Exodus is pretty much bricked now, was ok for a while for a few things but tried it the other day and nothing will load

Plaxinator
Legend
Twitter ID: JessUK98
Now Playing: Destiny 2
Battlefield 1
Gran Turismo Sport

Postby Plaxinator » 23 Aug 2017 09:53

Exodus developers have abandoned it I think I read. There are mirror sites but not great.

Funar
Site Admin

Postby Funar » 23 Aug 2017 10:03

I checked 4 or 5 new movies on Covenant. The interface is just like Exodus but with improved display options and menus. Kodi 17.4 does look really nice, I have been using the previous vintage for ages. The new movies still in the cinema are the usual hit and miss with those that have working links being camera captures. Going back a bit everything seems fine. Ghost in the Shell was a perfect copy.

I ended up installing Downloader just so I could have a browser. It works surprisingly well and PSL looked good with fast loads using the latest FireTV Stick. Definitely much smoother with a faster processor than the previous version. JS is disabled by default but just a click and the site could be reloaded with JS enabled. Javascript was needed for Shoutbox.

tlpn99
Legend
Twitter ID: tlpn99
Now Playing: Unchartered 3, MW3, Blops, BF3, Fifa 2012, Skyrim soon as Friday gets here. :)

Postby tlpn99 » 23 Aug 2017 10:21

17.4 is great. Covenant is exodusin all but name. I have been ion it for about 3 weeks now. upgraded both pc and fire tv stick to 17.4 last night works great now.

mik_69
Twitter ID: mik_69
Now Playing: Destiny 2, NFS Payback

Postby mik_69 » 23 Aug 2017 11:23

I'm still on 17.1 as read there were major flaws with 17.3 and some Add Ons. Exodus still working great for me of late although when I have checked Covenant there is usually just as much streams of same content available.

Will hold off on 17.4 until I have any issues.

Sportsmania is where my issue is, not in a paid sub at present but reading they are having big issues at present. May need another Sport source soon!!!

Funar
Site Admin

Postby Funar » 23 Aug 2017 12:41

I haven't used sportsmania. NFL is fine but for other sports it has always been a pain to find a decent stream. Let me know if you find anything good mik.