Kodi

pablo2008jedi
God
Twitter ID: PabsTheGeek
Now Playing: With myself

Re: Kodi

Postby pablo2008jedi » 02 Dec 2017 08:44

You sort of should be able to cast. Male sure YT is installed on firestick. I mainly just use it for prime, and on the prime app you "choose" to play on firestick, there is no cast button of sort for prime.

Funar
Site Admin
Twitter ID: @PSLFunar
Now Playing: Destiny, Destiny

Postby Funar » 03 Dec 2017 18:22

I just use the FireTV remote to play stuff on Netflix and sometimes Prime. Kodi is having a really bad time but maybe I'm not using it the best way. I think there is a way to get Sky Go on it but I just use PS3 for that. Never tried controlling the FireTV or casting with my phone.

Funar
Site Admin
Twitter ID: @PSLFunar
Now Playing: Destiny, Destiny

Postby Funar » 06 Dec 2017 14:14

Google and Amazon are at war and blocking each other in different ways. YouTube is the latest casualty with Google removing support from Amazon devices http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-42251531. I really wish they would both drop this nonsense for the good of all users. If you don't have Netflix or even Amazon Prime then that limits the usefulness of a FireTV stick, which leads me on to Kodi. I use my PS3 as a Sky Go device and that is working really well. So well that the only reason I am keeping multiroom is for the additional Sky Go connections. Being able to watch on demand means I rarely record stuff now.

Is there a way to get good streams for the latest movies and live sports on Kodi? It seems to be a cat and mouse game where all illegal content gets blocked shortly after becoming available. I can understand why, of course, but it is a PITA for non-law abiding citizens. I can get movie streams on Covenant and the interface works really well, but they are all SD and poor quality. There are still a few 720p or 1080p links that work but is is very much more miss than hit. So am I missing a trick yet again? :er:

tlpn99
Legend
Twitter ID: tlpn99
Now Playing: Unchartered 3, MW3, Blops, BF3, Fifa 2012, Skyrim soon as Friday gets here. :)

Postby tlpn99 » 06 Dec 2017 17:39

Funar wrote:Is there a way to get good streams for the latest movies and live sports on Kodi? It seems to be a cat and mouse game where all illegal content gets blocked shortly after becoming available. I can understand why, of course, but it is a PITA for non-law abiding citizens. I can get movie streams on Covenant and the interface works really well, but they are all SD and poor quality. There are still a few 720p or 1080p links that work but is is very much more miss than hit. So am I missing a trick yet again? :er:

Nope sadly it has been this way for some time now. I watch the occasional movie on the streaming but it is generally okish to quite crap and barely if at all watchable. Older movies are good but I want to watch newer movies and they used to be on more or less after a week or 2. The past I dunno 2 months maybe it started to go hit and miss for me.

Sometimes I have had to resort back to using torrent sites for certain movies I have been wanting to watch. If it changes I'll let you know Funar.

Waylander
Site Admin
Twitter ID: Waylander100
Now Playing: RotTR, Battlefield 1, SW: Battlefront

Postby Waylander » 06 Dec 2017 18:00

I have no sympathy whatsoever! :nerner: lol