Mass Effect: Andromeda

Keyop
Site Admin
Now Playing: GT Sport
CoD WWII
Star Wars Battlefront II

Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda

Postby Keyop » 07 Nov 2016 20:49

Pretty sure I saw a death star blue print in there too. Looking forward to this one a lot!

Waylander
Site Admin
Twitter ID: Waylander100
Now Playing: RotTR, Battlefield 1, SW: Battlefront

Postby Waylander » 07 Nov 2016 21:00

Keyop wrote:Pretty sure I saw a death star blue print in there too.

I saw that too! lol

pablo2008jedi
God
Twitter ID: PabsTheGeek
Now Playing: With myself

Postby pablo2008jedi » 08 Nov 2016 08:04

OK I'll admit it, I'm intrigued

Waylander
Site Admin

Postby Waylander » 08 Nov 2016 10:10

Go play ME2 if you haven't played any ME games yet! It's IMMENSE!

viewtopic.php?f=318&t=8281

tlpn99
God
Twitter ID: tlpn99
Now Playing: Unchartered 3, MW3, Blops, BF3, Fifa 2012, Skyrim soon as Friday gets here. :)

Postby tlpn99 » 08 Nov 2016 10:29

Waylander wrote:Go play ME2 if you haven't played any ME games yet! It'ms IMMENSE!

Do you not need to play Mass Effect 1 and 3 also as is it not a story arc over the 3 games. I tried it and couldn't get used to the space RPG side of things. RPG wise I preferred likes of Skyrim and The Witcher over Sci fi.

Chuckleboy
Twitter ID: @Chuckleboy
Now Playing: Monster Hunter World, Dragon Quest Builders, Nioh, Overwatch

Postby Chuckleboy » 08 Nov 2016 10:40

Im staying out of this... :)

Waylander
Site Admin

Postby Waylander » 08 Nov 2016 11:52

tlpn99 wrote:
Waylander wrote:Go play ME2 if you haven't played any ME games yet! It'ms IMMENSE!

Do you not need to play Mass Effect 1 and 3 also as is it not a story arc over the 3 games. I tried it and couldn't get used to the space RPG side of things. RPG wise I preferred likes of Skyrim and The Witcher over Sci fi.

No. Not necessarily. Each has a story in its own right. There is an arc overall too though.

I have never played ME1. The second one does a great job of giving the back story & also has a neat feature that lets you make the critical decisions from ME1 at the start of your playthrough. Decisions then go into ME3 as well, but I wouldn't recommend people play three on its own anyway as two is the best one.

pablo2008jedi
God
Twitter ID: PabsTheGeek
Now Playing: With myself

Postby pablo2008jedi » 08 Nov 2016 15:45

Waylander wrote:Go play ME2 if you haven't played any ME games yet! It's IMMENSE!

If only it was playable on the PS4

Waylander
Site Admin

Postby Waylander » 08 Nov 2016 20:26

Mass Effect: Andromeda Info Breakdown By Gameinformer

•Class system is gone; instead you have full access to abilities from all classes, you can mix and match skills from tech, soldier or biotics
•However, you can still specialize once you invest enough points into a category of skills, you unlock a profile that can get you bonuses for your particular play style. This is where class names like “Vanguard” (invest in combat and biotics) and “Adept” (invest in biotics) resurface.
•Global cooldowns are now replaced by individual timers.
•You can customize your father and your sibling, though not as extensively.
•Jetpack has a hover function that allows you to hit enemies seeking cover or survey your surroundings.
•Many familiar weapons return, as well as new melee options like swords and hammers
•The ‘Kett’ are the main enemy. Rather than painting them as mortal enemies, BioWare wanted to make them feel foreboding but not ugly as they want you to also empathize with them.
•Instead of having “linear slices” of planets that you land on, you explore these planets from the surface to their underbelly.
•Planets can have multiple dangers like acid pools, burning wreckage, weather etc that can all kill you
•BioWare did not want to repeat having things like mineral nodes and multiple identical outposts scattered across planets
•On planets, one of your priorities is to scout for drop zones for your crew that drop “forward stations” that establishes a foothold for you. These stations allow for changing up your loadout, fast travel point, etc.
•You can create a wide array of items, not just ammo types and weapon mods, items that haven’t been seen before in the Milky Way (thanks to new alien tech)
•Peebee: Asari squadmate shown in previous footage. Went off on her own after arriving on the Nexus and described as having a “bubbly personality”. She’s smart and not concerned with social norms and “niceties”.
•Liam: Arrived with the Pathfinder, former police officer and described as having a “light attitude”, bringing levity to situations
•There are no loading screens as you move through [the Tempest]
•There are more relationships in the game than any other Bioware game (as they noted fans make a big emphasis on romance in the games)
•Emphasis that relationships don’t just culminate in a sex scene, but rather characters can just want to get in the sack, while others are interested in long term relationships and others still aren’t interested at all. Bioware wanted to capture more “shooting bottles with Garrus” moments in the game, of which there are plenty.
•Due to complications in the awakening process, your sibling won’t join you in combat but you can interact with them and build a relationship.
•Many of these dealings are optional, and discovering more about the Ryder family is a plot thread.
•No more Paragon/Renegade system; Devs want more nuance and subtlety and giving the player more opportunity to express themselves.
•Dialogue option tones: heart, head, professional and casual. •These don’t affect you or sway a meter one way or another, rather they allow you freedom without worrying about unintended consequences.
•“Narrative actions” (previously “interrupts) return but rather than giving a "red”=bad or “blue”=good choice, it can say “shoot”, leaving more ambiguity to your choice.
•Decisions aren’t necessarily obvious “right” or “wrong”, there are pros and cons to each and you’ll just have to play the game the way you want

http://www.gameinformer.com/p/andromeda.aspx

Waylander
Site Admin

Postby Waylander » 02 Dec 2016 08:38

Videogame Awards gameplay trailer last night.

Looks great overall, but that conversation in the middle section has me concerned a bit about the dialogue & voice acting. Plus the faces look a bit odd to me. Think they spent too long rendering her other set of cheeks...