Mass Effect: Andromeda

Keyop
Site Admin
Now Playing: GT Sport
CoD WWII
Star Wars Battlefront II

Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda

Postby Keyop » 02 Dec 2016 09:03

Looks very good. Dialogue seems to lack character a bit, I see what you mean.

mik_69
Twitter ID: mik_69
Now Playing: Destiny 2, NFS Payback

Postby mik_69 » 02 Dec 2016 13:41

The dialogue section didn't seem very right at all and seems many have picked up on this. The Devs have also responded already:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016- ... n-concerns

Guessing this will probably a month or two delay now to correct that. lol

The face on the female lead just didn't look right at all though. Rest of the gameplay looked great though.

Waylander
Site Admin
Twitter ID: Waylander100
Now Playing: RotTR, Battlefield 1, SW: Battlefront

Postby Waylander » 04 Jan 2017 18:45

By Aaryn Flynn, General Manager of BioWare

On behalf of our teams across Montreal, Edmonton and Austin, I’m excited to announce that Mass EffectTM: Andromeda will be launching in North America on Tuesday, March 21, 2017 and beginning Thursday, March 23, 2017 in Europe. We appreciate your patience (and in fact, even your lack of patience in some instances) as we’ve been focused on completing the game. Here’s a little bit of context into how we’ve gotten here.

Mass Effect: Andromeda is our most ambitious Mass Effect game to date. We’re telling completely new stories, creating new characters, new planets, new species, and introducing new gameplay systems. And for the first time, we’re bringing Mass Effect to the FrostbiteTM game engine, an incredible engine that’s delivering a tremendous graphical jump from the trilogy to Mass Effect: Andromeda. To deliver on this, we’re taking all the time we can to make sure you’re getting the best possible experience.

Over this holiday break, developers at BioWare took home a version of the game in what we call the “holiday build”. This is a longstanding studio tradition that goes back to the early days of the original Mass Effect. Many load up a PC or console and go home to play as much as possible at their leisure. Coming back from holiday, the feedback has been great. Getting the endorsement from members of our studio, many of whom played key roles on the original trilogy, was definitely a key factor in helping us lock in on the date.

Even more exciting for us over the last couple of months has been seeing the excitement build in the community as we’ve started to share more about the game. The passion you have for the franchise continues to drive us. And now, we’re just a couple of months away from delivering a brand new Mass Effect experience to you for the first time in five years – richer, deeper and ready for exploration. We’re excited about how far we are going with the franchise, and we hope you find it’s been worth the wait.

See you in Andromeda

https://www.masseffect.com/news/mass-ef ... g-in-march

So, March 21st for the US. March 23rd for UK. Surprised it's not a worldwide single date.

Navid
Site Admin
Now Playing: Diablo, Bloodborne

Postby Navid » 05 Jan 2017 10:01

Short gameplay trailer from Nvidia's CES conference:

Edit: Seems you can change class on the fly now according to the menu in the footage, also the little bit of combat gameplay that was shown didn't look great...

Chuckleboy
Twitter ID: @Chuckleboy
Now Playing: Monster Hunter World, Dragon Quest Builders, Nioh, Overwatch

Postby Chuckleboy » 05 Jan 2017 10:42

Navid wrote:Short gameplay trailer from Nvidia's conference:

Well that was hardly worth the effort, almost 50% of that was cut scene and menus!

...for crying out loud why can they not just release a vid of someone playing though an early training mission or something else non story related. i would just like to see some continuous gameplay, is that too much to ask!?

Waylander
Site Admin

Postby Waylander » 05 Jan 2017 11:37

Chuckleboy wrote:
...for crying out loud why can they not just release a vid of someone playing though an early training mission or something else non story related. i would just like to see some continuous gameplay, is that too much to ask!?

Perhaps they don't want to. These days, games are shown off far too early. Many people moan about it as well. I suspect they are trying counter that.

With a March 21st release date though, they must have a trailer up their sleeves for very soon. The game is mere weeks away from going gold!

pablo2008jedi
God
Twitter ID: PabsTheGeek
Now Playing: With myself

Postby pablo2008jedi » 05 Jan 2017 12:26

Waylander wrote: The game is mere weeks away from getting delayed!

Fixed it for you lol

Chuckleboy
Twitter ID: @Chuckleboy
Now Playing: Monster Hunter World, Dragon Quest Builders, Nioh, Overwatch

Postby Chuckleboy » 05 Jan 2017 12:34

Waylander wrote:
Chuckleboy wrote:

Perhaps they don't want to. These days, games are shown off far too early. Many people moan about it as well. I suspect they are trying counter that.

With a March 21st release date though, they must have a trailer up their sleeves for very soon. The game is mere weeks away from going gold!

I totally get what your saying and I would encourage all dev's to keep things as quiet as possible and not show too much. For me though I don't want another trailer, my frustration comes from being someone that this sort of game should really resonate with, yeah I felt a little burned once i finished ME2 and didn't go back for ME3 but in all honesty this franchise has all the little things that would get me interested but they are not selling me on at the moment as they wont show me anything.

Waylander
Site Admin

Postby Waylander » 05 Jan 2017 12:54

Chuckleboy wrote:yeah I felt a little burned once i finished ME2 and didn't go back for ME3 but in all honesty this franchise has all the little things that would get me interested but they are not selling me on at the moment as they wont show me anything.

Jeebuz! If you got burned by the ME2 ending (which was great IMO - I wonder if yours was different to mine) you'd be instantly incinerated by the shoddy ending of ME3!! lol Now THAT was an ending to be burned by!!!

tlpn99
God
Twitter ID: tlpn99
Now Playing: Unchartered 3, MW3, Blops, BF3, Fifa 2012, Skyrim soon as Friday gets here. :)

Postby tlpn99 » 05 Jan 2017 13:17

I would love to like the Sci fi RPG element but I can't get past swords and sorcery RPG like Skyrim or The Witcher.