On Rush

Funar
Site Admin
Twitter ID: @PSLFunar
Now Playing: Destiny, Destiny

Re: On Rush

Postby Funar » 23 Nov 2017 21:48

Waylander wrote:Take the rose tinted specs off for a moment. Remember it was MS that had horrendous rubber banding catch up.....

In the offline game, yeah absolutely. But even then it was a racing game with a finish line and a winner. Smashing people up to win by points holds no interest for me at all. But online would be my main interest and MV did have a catch up mode but it didn't get in the way that much.

mik_69
Twitter ID: mik_69
Now Playing: Destiny 2, NFS Payback

Postby mik_69 » 24 Nov 2017 13:44

Whilst the paragraph doesn't read to great I'm not going all super nagative just yet until we know more about it.

"If" you can forget all the pre launch hype Jackson Pollocks for Driveclub and the failed launch, remember that was billed as more than just racing, "winning doesn't matter here other ways to score points for your Club". There were Face Off challenges for drifts, average speed sections etc but at the end of it all people just raced to win.

Hopefully it's just more sales hype that it's a game for everyone and traditional racing is involved somewhere if not quite the main aspect.

mik_69
Twitter ID: mik_69
Now Playing: Destiny 2, NFS Payback

Postby mik_69 » 07 Dec 2017 13:06

There was another interview with a French magazine and now this one with Red Bull that pretty much confirms it certainly isn't a traditional racer and there will be no finish lines. It will all be about the point scoring from tricks and takedowns.

https://www.redbull.com/int-en/onrush-c ... -interview

Rushy does mention they will talk about "other game modes a little closer to launch". Could that include some form of racing, who knows.

It's Evo, I like what they do so it's still very much on my pre-order list.

Keyop
Site Admin
Now Playing: GT Sport
Destiny 2
NFS Payback
Star Wars Battlefront II

Postby Keyop » 07 Dec 2017 13:20

It could be very good fun even if not a plain race to the line. Could be a good FNB game actually with a lot of laughs. Certainly on my list for now.