Monster Hunter World

Waylander
Site Admin
Twitter ID: Waylander100
Now Playing: RotTR, Battlefield 1, SW: Battlefront

Monster Hunter World

Postby Waylander » 13 Jun 2017 09:16

Monster Hunter: World™ introduces a living, breathing ecosystem in which players strive to become the ultimate hunter. Explore a vast new continent and slay terrifying monsters in heart-pounding co-op battles for up to four players.

http://monsterhunterworld.com/

Navid
Site Admin
Now Playing: Diablo, Bloodborne

Re: Monster Hunter World

Postby Navid » 30 Oct 2017 17:33

PGW trailer:

Waylander
Site Admin

Postby Waylander » 04 Dec 2017 23:19

Navid
Site Admin

Postby Navid » 09 Dec 2017 13:08

A look at the available weapons since the beta is kicking off this evening:
The game plays quite differently depending on your choice of weapon, so for newcomers to Monster Hunter, I’d recommend choosing one of the faster weapons, such as the Dual Blades or the Long Sword. These are actually the two weapons I personally use when I’m first testing out a new monster during development, as they let you move around quickly so you can easily get a read of the monster’s behaviour.

We also have some ranged weapons available to use: two kinds of Bowgun (Light and Heavy) and the Bow. These weapons have been rather tricky to control in the past, so for Monster Hunter: World, we’ve made them a lot easier to use. If you’re used to playing shooter games, I think you’ll be able to pick these up pretty quickly and get right into the hunt.

More info can be found at the game manual: http://game.capcom.com/manual/MHW/pre/en/ps4

Waylander
Site Admin

Postby Waylander » 09 Dec 2017 20:45

Talk about over-complicating a fairly straightforward concept. lol Who knew monster hunting required such ridiculous controls & options! :dizzy:

Much prefer the relatively straightforward hunting in The Witcher. Certainly not buying on launch but could be fun once you get your head round everything.

Navid
Site Admin

Postby Navid » 11 Dec 2017 14:30

Not sure why you are comparing this to Witcher, this is much more of a action game with a focus on the deeper combat systems rather than a narrative focused action RPG... I think if they made it more straightforward it would lead to a more limited and ultimately more boring experience in the long term.

You also have to take into account that you are being dropped into the middle of a game in this demo with lot's of items and a full gear/weapon set so obviously it'll be more to take in compared to being eased in at the beginning of a game.

Added my go at the 2nd monster above from halfway in, first time I used the Long Sword ( used the Bow to take down the 1st monster) so was still learning and experimenting with moves throughout the fight but really enjoyed the dynamic between how deliberate the swings of the weapon were with the tells of the monsters attack patterns.

Also had a encounter where another creature turned up, not sure if that will be scripted in the game or random... but overall the variety in the environment during this single hunt and how alive the whole world felt with random monsters of all sizes made me wish they had a free roam mode in this demo.

Overall I've enjoyed what I've played and would like to try a group hunt if possible before the 'beta' ends.

Navid
Site Admin

Postby Navid » 12 Dec 2017 16:00

Defeated the 3rd monster yesterday with the Insect Glaive and posted that I didn't really like it, went back to it today and think I didn't understand how it functioned the first time I used it... I thought I would need to kinda launch into the air and then spam attack as I connected with the monster, but instead it works so every attack you land acts as a launch and reset on your combo so you can juggle yourself in mid air between his. Tried it out in the training area:

Also only just now figured out that you can send out 3 separate Kinsects that will give you boosts based on where you hit the monster with them, I think feet give you movement, head gives you damage and body gives you a defence boost. Previously I thought Kinsect acted simply as an extra ranged attack.