Postby Navid » 13 Jul 2017 13:25

The latest videos from the IGN First promotion:

judoblo
God
Twitter ID: judoblo
Now Playing: Destiny

Re: Destiny 2

Postby judoblo » 18 Jul 2017 13:07

Here's what to expect from the Destiny 2 beta which is live from 6pm today for those who have preordered (open for all on Friday).

Homecoming: The opening mission and cinematics from Destiny 2’s Campaign.

Countdown: Enter the Crucible to battle other Guardians in a brand new mode. Attack or Defend the base on a new map custom-built to support this new game type.

Control: The original standard for Crucible combat is back, with some impactful changes. Control the zones on another new map built with this objective in mind.

The Inverted Spire: Strike at the heart of a Vex stronghold. Bring two willing allies, or let Matchmaking introduce you to a Fireteam of Guardians.

New Subclasses: The new fighting style for each Class will be at the ready. Choose from the Dawnblade Warlock, Arcstrider Hunter, or Sentinel Titan. **Bungie have subsequently confirmed that there will actually be six subclasses available during the beta, and that each of them will only have one of the two subclass "paths" available.

The Farm: For one hour, on Sunday, July 23, we’re inviting you to tour the new social space in Destiny 2. Starting at 10AM Pacific (6pm here), you’re welcome to kick the ball into the net or befriend a chicken. Most vendors and services will be offline. Our goals are to see how many of you it can accommodate at once.u’re welcome to kick the ball into the net or befriend a chicken. Most vendors and services will be offline. Our goals are to see how many of you it can accommodate at once.

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/46024/7_This-Week-At-Bungie--07062017

I can't find the source, but the Homecoming mission will be single player only, with the strike and PvP modes having matchmaking for 3 and 4 player fireteams respectively.

Plaxinator
Legend
Twitter ID: JessUK98
Now Playing: Destiny 2
Battlefield 1
Gran Turismo Sport

Postby Plaxinator » 19 Jul 2017 12:04

Played the beta last night. Big thumbs up from me

Navid
Site Admin
Now Playing: Diablo, Bloodborne

Postby Navid » 20 Jul 2017 12:22

Some of the stuff that I feel are worse in the Beta compared to the original Destiny:

• Grenade and Super recharge rate, this feels slower (especially grenades) and as such make the game less fun as you are stuck simply shooting enemies rather than mixing things up with your abilities. This somewhat feels like a change aimed at balancing the crucible mode so that people are less likely to get wiped by supers and grenades over and over in a match. Instead now you hardly have your super until late into the game and then it seems everyone gets access at around the same time (as kills/objectives add so little to your super charge).

So right now I feel the new recharge rate helps neither the PvE or the PvP mode, it's instead making the PvE less dynamic and fun in terms of playing and the PvP just a slower build and then suddenly everyone has super once the match is practically already settled in terms of outcome.

• Sub-classes now feel less varied, in Destiny I could customise how my melee and super acted and that could really make each sub-class have 2-3 different feeling setups. Now almost all of that is gone, you are left with a single type of Nova-bomb and a basic melee attack which provide no meaningful customisation to allow you to adapt your abilities to the play-style you prefer or the situation you are in.

• Same lack of variety is a issue for weapons as well with the changes they have implemented, by moving shotguns and sniper rifles to the Heavy class you are now basically left with a option of either Hand-cannon or a variety of rifles that really don't feel all that different outside of different firing modes.

judoblo
God

Postby judoblo » 20 Jul 2017 15:39

Navid wrote:Some of the stuff that I feel are worse in the Beta compared to the original Destiny:

• Grenade and Super recharge rate, this feels slower (especially grenades) and as such make the game less fun as you are stuck simply shooting enemies rather than mixing things up with your abilities. This somewhat feels like a change aimed at balancing the crucible mode so that people are less likely to get wiped by supers and grenades over and over in a match. Instead now you hardly have your super until late into the game and then it seems everyone gets access at around the same time (as kills/objectives add so little to your super charge).

So right now I feel the new recharge rate helps neither the PvE or the PvP mode, it's instead making the PvE less dynamic and fun in terms of playing and the PvP just a slower build and then suddenly everyone has super once the match is practically already settled in terms of outcome.

• Sub-classes now feel less varied, in Destiny I could customise how my melee and super acted and that could really make each sub-class have 2-3 different feeling setups. Now almost all of that is gone, you are left with a single type of Nova-bomb and a basic melee attack which provide no meaningful customisation to allow you to adapt your abilities to the play-style you prefer or the situation you are in.

• Same lack of variety is a issue for weapons as well with the changes they have implemented, by moving shotguns and sniper rifles to the Heavy class you are now basically left with a option of either Hand-cannon or a variety of rifles that really don't feel all that different outside of different firing modes.

Interesting to hear your thoughts Nav, especially as someone who only played "year 1" of Destiny.

Abilities - I've seen a lot of feedback on this already - one of the biggest complaints so far! I agree that this has probably been done to stop the 'spamming' of abilities in PvP. I'm hoping that they can tweak the cooldown rates in PvE and PvP independantly, allowing for more gun play in the crucible without impacting PvE activities.

Having said all that, I saw a couple of screenshots from the reveal event (or E3?) build, where armour pieces has specific nodes that reduce cooldowns of super/melee/grenades, something which the beta is missing - so hopefully they'll address this one way or another.

Sub classes - I was initially concerned about this too, until I thought more about how often I actually changed sub-class builds in D1. I like that each sub-class in D2 has two different 'paths'. I'm hoping that having these distinct builds will allow Bungie to more easily create Exotic armour that I actually want to use (i.e. perks that compliment the subclass, rather than just "get this perk for free").

Weapons - Similar concerns here. I'm really interested to see how strikes & raids are going to play out given the changes - hopefully with the introduction of boss mechanics and not bullet sponges!!! It hasn't helped that the drop rates for power ammo is woeful in PvE - feel like the old Crota days at times! Thankfully, Bungie have already said that they are working on ammo drop rates. However, PvP wise it's nice to have some primary (kinetic & energy now I guess!) engagements and not be constantly rushed by shotgunners or sniped!

Keyop
Site Admin
Now Playing: GT Sport
Destiny 2
NFS Payback
Star Wars Battlefront II

Postby Keyop » 20 Jul 2017 15:45

Great hearing your feedback guys. I'm not a deep thinker on game mechanics, I just like to enjoy it lol The beta strike boss does feel like a bullet sponge, but if you combine heavy shots and specials between the team he can be defeated before his first wave of back up arrives on the last section.

judoblo
God

Postby judoblo » 24 Jul 2017 17:05

Here's the video that I'd been waiting for. Looks like patrol will be a much more fun place to be in D2!

Navid
Site Admin
Now Playing: Diablo, Bloodborne

Postby Navid » 23 Aug 2017 15:13

Launch trailer:

Euopean Dead Zone:

judoblo
God

Postby judoblo » 24 Aug 2017 17:59

Lots of info coming out of Gamescom right now. One big one for me is the confirmation that the TTK subclasses will indeed be in D2, with it looking like you will need to go on a quest to unlock!