Plaxinator
Legend
Twitter ID: JessUK98
Now Playing: Destiny 2
Battlefield 1
Gran Turismo Sport

Re: GT Sport

Postby Plaxinator » 23 Oct 2017 09:42

I'm still enjoying this, but I can't see it having any major long term appeal. I think once I've done all the missions and challenges and perhaps tried to get all golds then I will probably get bored. I am under no illusions that I will ever be good enough to win 91 races in sports mode for a start. I doubt I'll even get 1!

Keyop
Site Admin
Now Playing: GT Sport
Destiny 2
NFS Payback
Star Wars Battlefront II

Postby Keyop » 27 Oct 2017 20:40

I've been surprised at how long the offline content is taking. It seems as involving as the previous games but done in a different way. There's a nice variety across the missions too. I'm not halfway through yet and have had multiple goes at some of them to get 1st or gold times.

Whether the long term appeal will be there is another thing. It will depend on how they update events.

One thing that does stand out, is how good the online racing is. I've had very little of the bish bash bosh that so many racers have and have genuinely felt like I'm in an event where people are taking care and want to get as close to an actual real world race as possible. I've even had courteous drivers that maybe have dinged you or jumped up the inside and gone off track giving places back.

It is pure racing though, so can't really be compared to the likes of motorstorm or burnout.

At the moment, it's my go to game, I can't wait for my next race whether it's online or offline. I honestly wasn't expecting to be able to say that.

Plaxinator
Legend
Twitter ID: JessUK98
Now Playing: Destiny 2
Battlefield 1
Gran Turismo Sport

Postby Plaxinator » 30 Oct 2017 14:44

Keyop wrote:I've been surprised at how long the offline content is taking. It seems as involving as the previous games but done in a different way. There's a nice variety across the missions too. I'm not halfway through yet and have had multiple goes at some of them to get 1st or gold times.

Whether the long term appeal will be there is another thing. It will depend on how they update events.

One thing that does stand out, is how good the online racing is. I've had very little of the bish bash bosh that so many racers have and have genuinely felt like I'm in an event where people are taking care and want to get as close to an actual real world race as possible. I've even had courteous drivers that maybe have dinged you or jumped up the inside and gone off track giving places back.

It is pure racing though, so can't really be compared to the likes of motorstorm or burnout.

At the moment, it's my go to game, I can't wait for my next race whether it's online or offline. I honestly wasn't expecting to be able to say that.

Yes, the "offline" stuff is taking longer than I expected. I've done all the driving school stuff (although not bothered to try and gold it all), and am only about a 1/4 of the way through the challenges. I haven't done very many online races. I'm too crap for all that, no way I am going to win 1 race in the sport mode, let alone 91. In fact, I very much doubt I'll make any pole positions either.

Glad I've got the wheel though, it broke the other day so I had to use the controller. I was all over the shop. I kept failing one of the missions. Anyway the wheel was still within the 1 year manufacturers warranty and they replaced it for me. Completed the mission first try with the wheel. Using a controller is so hard, and it makes your thumbs hurt!

Arrold
God
Now Playing: Lego

Postby Arrold » 03 Nov 2017 23:55

I just got gold on all campaign stuff. I guarantee, unless you're super-human and have a steering wheel or your name is Andy616 or Mr Hamilton you'll find at least one of the last 3 events challenging, if not them all.

Blue Moon Bay Speedway (triangular oval with a 3rd/4th gear corner) 15 minute endurance, right car, right tactics, fairly clean race, spotless turn 1 on every lap.
    Interlagos in a Gr. 1 beast, again tyre choice comes into play and just keeping it on tarmac while going fast enough is a challenge
    To finish its 4 laps at dawn of a gorgeous, misty, greasy, FULL nurburgring (I did try Intermediate tyres before realising that was a bad choice) with just about enough fuel to complete 3 of those laps before pitting (though I killed my tyres way before that), again, keeping it on the island is a challenge. Youtube examples show some cruising tyre management, not my style at all. Love the fact that the grass, and to a certain extent the kerbs, get mental when they're moist.

Love this game so much, when I saw the campaign I was a bit meh but it's been epic, my wife was away for a week as the game came out so I've put a lot of time into it, whatever happens now it's been good value, I do wish there was some car upgrades worth talking about and I wish there was some incentive to build cash and have to spend money instead of being given a car for sneezing in the right directions but even so, beautiful game and I don't regret that I told my wife she couldn't have new shoes for a month because I wanted a fifty quid download, that, in my life at least, is the really important stuff

Keyop
Site Admin
Destiny 2
NFS Payback
Star Wars Battlefront II

Postby Keyop » 04 Nov 2017 07:53

It has surpassed my expectations so far. Some of the offline races are epic, with refuelling thrown in. Tracks look gorgeous and the bright misty mornings are something else.

I've never been one for upgrades and tinkering so do enjoy the fact I can just choose a car and go race.

Online has been really good. The ten lap races are particularly fun. I've never won, but don't really care. I think third is my best, but then I usually only do one qually lap and start in the second half of the grid to work my forward.

The championships start this week and I've pledged my allegiance to Ferrari and Renault. I'll be interested to see how this works. There's multiple races over the week and only your top three results count. Each day has races all evening and you only enter one.

I'm hoping for new tracks to be introduced in the championships, no idea if that's what they're planning.

Arrold
God
Now Playing: Lego

Postby Arrold » 05 Nov 2017 22:17

I've had a bit of a crappy experience on GT tonight, I entered the 2 competitions, first the manufacturers thing, 10 laps in Brazil then the Nations cup, 25 laps on Blue Moon Bay oval. I was rated CB before the first one and there was a douchebag who rammed me from behind, they were marked as DNF so I couldn't tell where they finished in the end, I suspect they had so many penalties they gave up, then on the oval I was CC after being bashed around and there was a guy going slowly then when you tried to overtake he would swerve to take you out, I think there might have been 2 at it in that race, as I was catching them I could see the carnage going on ahead of me, total knobs, you can't really do much in the time leading up to entering because doing another race would mean you miss it then the whole process from entering (there's ~7 mins of qualifying then the race) takes about 45 mins or something so that's about an hour end to end, I don't always get to spend my weekend evenings like this and these charlies just act like utter t34t$.

The online racing overall, in the regular daily events, has been mostly positive, I had a couple of good races on Dragon Trail in Gr.3 cars this morning where people go out of their way to not touch you, but the slower cars and twisty back side of Interlagos in the Manufacturers event meant everyone was bunched up, there was literally 8 cars fighting for a similar piece of track at one point, I could see me skipping certain car/track combo's in future whatever the event

Keyop
Site Admin
Destiny 2
NFS Payback
Star Wars Battlefront II

Postby Keyop » 06 Nov 2017 11:46

I was lucky and had two good races in the FIA events last night. Had a right battle with two racers at Interlagos, all very courteous giving back places if they went off or outbraked and caused any unfair contact. The oval was also quite good, though there were some coming togethers that I wasn't involved in but drive through the ghosted carnage of, 14th to 5th in 100yds in one case.

There are a few placement issues I think with lag, the oval especially can have someone nudging you with no apparent effect on their car.

pablo2008jedi
God
Twitter ID: PabsTheGeek
Now Playing: With myself

Postby pablo2008jedi » 09 Nov 2017 10:31

Thinking of picking this up, got £18 credit at game and can trade in lost legacy for £11. So wouldn't need to put much cash down.

Reading real people play, seems the online racing is pretty decent...?

Keyop
Site Admin
Destiny 2
NFS Payback
Star Wars Battlefront II

Postby Keyop » 09 Nov 2017 13:21

Online racing generally is pretty respectful, some rooms there are some twats in, but they tend to fall off the track and you can get on in peace anyway. I don't really have the time for the FIA comps, but three different daily races have been more than enough for my online fill recently.

pablo2008jedi
God
Twitter ID: PabsTheGeek
Now Playing: With myself

Postby pablo2008jedi » 16 Nov 2017 14:44

I must say I'm enjoying the game. Mainly been doing the daily races as the FIA races are in the evening. I'd say 9/10 races have been very good, in respect to other people actually racing properly. I do think the game does unnecessarily punish you at times with negative SR for the slightest contact, or recieving contact. A few times I've had a 10 sec penalty because someone knocked me off course, which is annoying.

I tried a few lobby races, but they where terrible as there are no "rules"

The campaign stuff I'm not bothered about, but I have tried some of it, but its not something I'll go for "gold" in just for a trophy.