PSL @ GT Academy National Final

SixTwoEight
Supporter
Twitter ID: RobertLeader
Now Playing: PS4: DriveClub, The Witness
PS3: GRID AutoSport

Re: PSL @ GT Academy National Final

Postby SixTwoEight » 07 Aug 2008 19:57

I'm so sorry for you Andy m8, amazingly bad job they did !!!!! :twisted: :whack: at the organisers !

I had a go the day after you when I went to the Nissian stand, and no wonder I drove even worse than usual with the steering wheel... :(

Some pics of the setup and the GTR I took:

badds
God
Twitter ID: badds1977
Now Playing: Whats it to you!?!

Postby badds » 08 Aug 2008 07:22

Sounds like a raw deal andy, unlucky mate

mancLadUK
God
Twitter ID: mancLaduk
Now Playing: BF3
Fifa 13
GT5

Postby mancLadUK » 09 Aug 2008 00:02

Feel for you mate. Unfortunatly i worked for nissan from age of 18, i know its no concilation but i'm not surprised. :dammit:

Gray
Legend
Now Playing: GTA V

Postby Gray » 09 Aug 2008 01:13

I can't believe all the planning that went into this was in vain!!!!. Typical poor planning on Nissan/Sony's behalf!.
One thing though Andy they can't take away from you is that you're the best matey :thumbsup:

Thanks for all your efforts and I'm sorry you were robbed of your chance to shine!.We always knew that you are a WINNER!.

hypercollider
God
Twitter ID: hypercollider
Now Playing: Family Life 5

Postby hypercollider » 09 Aug 2008 12:58

Thanks for the update Andy, really unfortunate.
It sounds like the organisation around the event was OK, but that's something they'll have done a thousand times before. I'm just amazed at the technical incompetence.

Placcybag
Supporter
Now Playing: COD4, Motorstorm, Poker, Uncharted, UT3, Singstar, GTAIV
OFFICIALLY THE FASTEST PSL MEMBER IN REAL LIFE!

Postby Placcybag » 03 Oct 2008 20:59

Driver101 has just informed me theres a vid in the Playstation store of the GT Academy final.

Not seen it myself but there is an Andrew mentioned in it.

mancLadUK
God
Twitter ID: mancLaduk
Now Playing: BF3
Fifa 13
GT5

Postby mancLadUK » 03 Oct 2008 22:56

Placcybag wrote:
Not seen it myself but there is an Andrew mentioned in it.

Hmm! could it be psl Andy or maybe there is another Andrew out there :P

Keyop
Site Admin
Now Playing: GT Sport
Destiny 2
NFS Payback
Star Wars Battlefront II

Postby Keyop » 04 Oct 2008 06:12

Yep, Andy (Andrew) was 4th, and is on there a couple of times.

oldbeanee

Postby oldbeanee » 22 Jan 2009 12:27

Right i will set the record straight about the GT Academy, ANDY616 has given you quite a bit of BS.

I will say he was telling the truth about the knackered wheel in the first rounds, but thats about it.

You say
''For both my races I used the wheel on the left side of the stage. [u]No one who used that wheel won a head to head race, even though the car from that pod started in front on the grid, as they were struggling to keep control of the car. There were about ten crashes on that wheel where there was only one on the other pod and people were visibly struggling to keep control. Two of the four semi-finalists used both pods and seemed to be around 2 seconds per lap slower on average (if they completed a lap without crashing) on the left pod compared to the one on the right.''

Erm i was beat by Nemmeh in the first semi final, he was on the left wheel.

You faced GTGENIUS in the other first semi final you had the left wheel

Then in the head to head final between myself and Andy, He had the choice of which wheel to choose ( as he won coin toss ) and HE PICKED THE LEFT WHEEL. So if the wheel was a bit dodgy why did you pick it ????

You say
''My car also did not accelerate away from the line properly in the last race.''

The reason why is because we both eased up at the start to try and let the other go through so we could have followed and A) get the slipstream b) put pressure on to make a mistake.

as soon as i made the move and gunned the throttle, suprise suprise your throttle worked and you got straight into my slipstream and almost had me in the first corner.

The truth hurts :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Andy616
God
Now Playing: GT5
MS:A
LBP 2
GTA IV

Postby Andy616 » 22 Jan 2009 14:08

Damn! I thought this episode was well and truely over lol

Firstly I'd like to apologise to PSL for my absence over the past couple of months, I'm in my final year at uni and its been bloody hectic. I'm actually taking time out from an assignment to wrtite this so I will try to be as concise as possible.

After the event both GTGENIUS1982 and Nemmeh had the decency to write to me on PSN an offer me commiserations and told me they thought I was hard done by. I really appreciated that gesture and I've got massive respect for them both as drivers and as competitors. I mentioned the aforementioned issues to them and neither has questioned what I had to say.

oldbeanee wrote:Erm i was beat by Nemmeh in the first semi final, he was on the left wheel.

I sincerely apologise if that was the case, maybe I remembered that wrong but I do seem to remember your crashing about four times in that race which might explain why you lost.

oldbeanee wrote:Then in the head to head final between myself and Andy, He had the choice of which wheel to choose ( as he won coin toss ) and HE PICKED THE LEFT WHEEL. So if the wheel was a bit dodgy why did you pick it ????

You say
''My car also did not accelerate away from the line properly in the last race.''

The reason why is because we both eased up at the start to try and let the other go through so we could have followed and A) get the slipstream b) put pressure on to make a mistake.

as soon as i made the move and gunned the throttle, suprise suprise your throttle worked and you got straight into my slipstream and almost had me in the first corner.

It was the 3rd place playoff actually and yes I picked the wheel on the left as it was the first place on the grid (hence the coin toss). Looking at the lap times despite the fact that that wheel was a couple of seconds slower per lap, your form in the previous race led me to take a calculated risk. It was a split second decision and perhaps I made the wrong one.
My car WAS slow off line in that race, as confirmed by several people on the day. Despite the fact that I was in first on the grid you ended up a couple a car's lengths ahead of me going into the first corner. Why the hell would I have eased up on the start straight? :stars:

oldbeanee wrote:The truth hurts

Just thought I'd post the time trial results from the day (as posted on GTPlanet):

Round 1:
Andy_616 3:44.030
Oldbeanee 3:44.064

Round 2:
Andy_616 1:10.552
Oldbeanee 1:10.886

Round 3:
Andy_616 2:15.999
Oldbeanee 2:16.347

Anyway, best of luck for the future, I hope to race you again online someday :thumbsup: