What are you listening to ?

Funar
Site Admin
Twitter ID: @PSLFunar
Now Playing: Destiny, Destiny

Re: What are you listening to ?

Postby Funar » 09 May 2016 16:27

I am really tired today after staying up to watch A Clockwork Orange yet again. This isn't it at all :)

judoblo
God
Twitter ID: judoblo
Now Playing: Destiny

Postby judoblo » 11 May 2016 19:11

Heard this on planet rock the other day and can't get it out of my head. Prefer it to the original I think.

Funar
Site Admin

Postby Funar » 11 May 2016 20:30

Nice one. Thanks judo. :thumbsup: Didn't like the shouty bit but the rest was excellent.

Waylander
Site Admin
Twitter ID: Waylander100
Now Playing: RotTR, Battlefield 1, SW: Battlefront

Postby Waylander » 11 May 2016 20:39

Disturbed have an off-the-wall cover like this on all their albums. All are ace too. :)

Funar
Site Admin

Postby Funar » 26 May 2016 11:35

I joined Amazon Prime recently when they knocked £20 off the price for a year. This was the weekend before my internet fibre connection was supposed to happen, but that was put back a few weeks.

When I first got into computing in 1981, with a ZX81 funny enough, I used to play records in my bedroom constantly (I was 16). Certain songs and albums instantly pull me back to that time and even the way that I felt in those days and who I was going out with. Music is so powerful.

I have been browsing through lots of stuff on Amazon Prime Music and came across some albums I used to play over and over again. One of these is Tusk by Fleetwood Mac. It wasn't cool to be a FM fan in those days at my age and it probably isn't any cooler now. They aren't a TOTP type band, they would be more like Jools Holland type stuff in today's terms. Anyway I have been having a blast today listening to this on headphones while I work. I don't know which track I like the most. There are a few I don't like on this album but not many. Might as well start with this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KlumjcOg9k#t=16m49s

Do you guys have any albums that pull you back to your past? I don't mean a recollection of something you used to like a lot until the next thing came along. I mean something that has become a part of you even if you don't realise that it has. Something that brings back strong associations with people, places, feelings and all that bollox.

EDIT: still listening to this lol. I can't believe that I still remember every word, every note, riff and drum beat. Scary. I don't understand most of it but who cares :noidea:. I like the ballady ones the best, eg Walk a Thin Line https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KlumjcOg9k#t=61m27s

Funar
Site Admin

Postby Funar » 17 Jun 2016 14:07

From the movie Kiss Kiss Bang Bang. First bit sounds like it comes from Thomas Was Alone.

Funar
Site Admin

Postby Funar » 27 Jun 2016 13:27

Loved Underworld at Glastonbury this year. BBC had excellent coverage. But the highlight for me was Coldplay letting Viola Beach headline the festival. Can't find the whole thing on YouTube I think posts are being removed for copyright violation so this one will probably get pulled too. Quite moving and a superb tribute. :sob: EDIT - Pretty good copy available for now that shows the whole song and intro. Still makes me feel very sad for the young lads :(

None on YouTube for Underworld but this was them from 1998.

reidy
Rookie

Postby reidy » 18 Jul 2016 13:09

Listening to the If I Were You podcast :D

Plaxinator
Legend
Twitter ID: JessUK98
Now Playing: Destiny 2
Battlefield 1
Gran Turismo Sport

Postby Plaxinator » 21 Jul 2016 08:24

I always listen to the Vitamin String Quartet in bed. I used to listen to various classical music playlists in Spotify, but I can't stand a lot of piano music so whenever anything with pianos used to come on it'd ruin my peaceful attempts at slumber.
https://www.youtube.com/user/OfficialVSQ

reidy
Rookie

Postby reidy » 28 Jul 2016 08:35

Twinnovation podcast ;)