Funar
Site Admin
Twitter ID: @PSLFunar
Now Playing: Destiny, Destiny

Re: New Film Recommendations

Postby Funar » 17 Jun 2016 15:48

Chuckleboy wrote:NSFW Trailer below, gots swears in it! :D

Yeah never mind the :boobies: and :butt: lmao

This looks fantastic Chuckles. Been hearing a lot of good stuff on the radio about this one. Russell Crowe was in a great interview yesterday morning discussing how easy/hard it is to change weight for roles, the blue leather jacket, and about working with Ryan Gosling, which for him was one of the best things about the movie. He said Ryan was fantastic to work with. I think I'll go to the cinema for this, and that doesn't happen a lot these days.

Waylander
Site Admin
Twitter ID: Waylander100
Now Playing: RotTR, Battlefield 1, SW: Battlefront

Postby Waylander » 17 Jun 2016 17:02

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang is a great film. Not exactly new though. ;) The film that introduced me to Michelle Monaghan! :drool: That Miss Santa outfit.....

reidy
Rookie

Postby reidy » 01 Aug 2016 09:55

Just saw 'Monsters' for the first time. Was way better than I thought. Genuine performances, solid story and great soundtrack.

Plaxinator
Legend
Twitter ID: JessUK98
Now Playing: Destiny 2
Battlefield 1
Gran Turismo Sport

Postby Plaxinator » 01 Aug 2016 14:05

The last film I saw at the cinema was the new "Ghostbusters" I actually really rather enjoyed it.

reidy
Rookie

Postby reidy » 04 Aug 2016 07:37

Chris Hemsworth looks really funny in Ghostbusters, and I like Kristin Wiig and Melissa McCarthy too. No idea who the other leads are.

Funar
Site Admin

Postby Funar » 26 Aug 2016 12:58

The Man Who Knew Infinity

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0787524/ .... 7.4/10

Watched this last night on Kodi (Exodus > Movies > New Movies). It is based on a true story about the life of Srinivasa Ramanujan, an Indian mathematician. I actually read a little of this guy's work about one particular algorithm that caught my attention a while back. I didn't know about this movie until I seen this tweet :-

I really enjoyed this movie but perhaps a little pompous in places. Dev Patel was superb and makes it worth watching.

WeeCraig
Supporter
Twitter ID: giarceew

Postby WeeCraig » 15 Sep 2016 14:43

My Scientology Movie

Louis Theroux's new documentary coming out to select cinemas from October 7th. They are doing a special showing at 7.30pm on Monday October 10th where they are broadcasting a live Q&A with Louis to all cinema screens after the movie.

Check cinemas and tickets from here: http://www.myscientologymovie.film

Trailer:

Funar
Site Admin

Postby Funar » 15 Sep 2016 14:49

Wow he is brave to take on those guys. They aren't gonna like this one little bit :whack:. Interested to know what you think of it after you see it Craig.

WeeCraig
Supporter
Twitter ID: giarceew

Postby WeeCraig » 30 Dec 2016 19:21

Ive watched quite a lot of movies for the first time over the winter holidays, so heres a list with a comment and simple personal score.

Rogue One - A fantastic star wars movie, really enjoyable. 9/10

Saving Mrs Banks - The story of how Walt Disney got the movie rights to Mary Poppins, Tom Hanks is great as always, easy to enjoy but not really engaging. 7/10

Captain Phillips - The true story of a Somali pirate attack, another Tom Hanks movie, this was an engaging story, edge of the seat at times. Loved it, Tom Hanks is brilliant. 10/10

Sully - The true story of the plane crash in the hudson river in New York. Another Tom Hanks movie. For a 5 minute real life incident with a happy ending, it felt a struggle to make a feature length movie out of, while the story is interesting, its just too much filler trying to make it more than what it was. 6/10

Whiplash - A drama following an ambitious jazz student and the best description ive seen is cinematic adrenalin. I didnt expect much from this as i have no interest in jazz or drumming but wow, this would be one of my favourite movies ever. And to think it was filmed in 19 days is beyond belief. 10/10

Dallas Buyers Club - Matthew McConaughey's best movie, a story of defiance and inspiration. Very engaging though I felt didnt flow just right at points. A very good movie. 9/10

Rush - Best racing movie ever, id say so. Brilliant performances, edge of the seat adrenalin race sequences. 9/10

Creed - Basically Rocky 7 with the new direction but with all the nostalgia, though as with all these kinds of films, its got a simple formula thats been used so many times. Including one continuous take fight scene which is pretty incredible. 8/10

Keyop
Site Admin
Now Playing: GT Sport
Destiny 2
NFS Payback
Star Wars Battlefront II

Postby Keyop » 31 Dec 2016 19:29

Just seen Fantastic Beasts, thought it was great. A good new direction for the wizarding world surrounding Harry Potter.