New Film Recommendations

WeeCraig
Supporter
Twitter ID: giarceew

Re: New Film Recommendations

Postby WeeCraig » 02 Jan 2017 22:33

Passengers

http://m.imdb.com/title/tt1355644/

The new Chris Pratt and Jennifer Lawrence movie.

I would say now watching that trailer, it gives way too much away and also a false idea of the movie is going to be like.

Overall i thought it was okay. Great chemistry between the two leads but it does feel quite slow to start and then way too fast at the end. Also the gravity and physics are so way off its almost laughable.

6/10

tlpn99
Legend
Twitter ID: tlpn99
Now Playing: Unchartered 3, MW3, Blops, BF3, Fifa 2012, Skyrim soon as Friday gets here. :)

Postby tlpn99 » 02 Jan 2017 23:01

I enjoyed it Craig. Thought it was a good sci fi movie. Was slow to start off with but I enjoyed it. I would have given it 8/10. Plus she is quite tidy and easy on the eye as well which helps.

Funar
Site Admin
Twitter ID: @PSLFunar
Now Playing: Destiny, Destiny

Postby Funar » 16 Jan 2017 11:31

I really enjoyed this remake. The casting was done really well with excellent goodies and badies. The gunfights are spectacular and well worth a watch. We are teased with hints of the main music theme throughout but are made to wait for the closing credits to get treated to that classic score full on, and it's a belter.

Funar
Site Admin

Postby Funar » 25 Jan 2017 10:51

Split

Spoiler:

I'm not going to embed the trailer as I think it gives far too much away. My daughter brought me to see this last night as a birthday treat. I avoided the trailers as I only had a vague idea what this movie was about and I am so glad I did.

Really good movie with good tension build up. Some hot teenagers for the dirty old men among us too :flash: James McAvoy at his best I would say. I just went to imdb to find the score, 7.6/10 which is just about right I think, and some comments there are just intent on giving everything away. Just avoid all reviews and if you must then just look at the scores. Don't even bother clicking the link above and you will enjoy the movie a lot more.

Funar
Site Admin

Postby Funar » 26 Jan 2017 13:31

Jack Reacher: Never Go Back

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3393786/ 6.1/10

This one is not that good but it can be watched if you switch your brain off and there isn't anything else to watch. imdb gives it 6.1 which might be a little generous. The first Jack Reacher movie was a lot better with quite a good boss fight, this one has quite a weak and predictable plot that doesn't seem up to Tom Cruise standard at all, not that that is particularly high to start with. This is cheesy and more like Arnie, Sly, Vin Diesel or Van Damme so it does have a place and is watchable if your expectations aren't too high. Good quality Kodi stream available if you are into that sort of thing.

Plaxinator
Legend
Twitter ID: JessUK98
Now Playing: Destiny 2
Battlefield 1
Gran Turismo Sport

Postby Plaxinator » 27 Jan 2017 08:54

I watched Hacksaw Ridge last night. It's about a conscientious objector serving as a medic in the war. Was quite brutal and if you play Battlefield 1 you see how good the game is at representing certain aspects of the war.

tlpn99
Legend
Twitter ID: tlpn99
Now Playing: Unchartered 3, MW3, Blops, BF3, Fifa 2012, Skyrim soon as Friday gets here. :)

Postby tlpn99 » 27 Jan 2017 09:40

Plaxinator wrote:I watched Hacksaw Ridge last night. It's about a conscientious objector serving as a medic in the war. Was quite brutal and if you play Battlefield 1 you see how good the game is at representing certain aspects of the war.

Bare in mind BF1 is about WW1 Hacksaw Ridge is WW2. The similarities are with hin being a medic. Seen the movie and thought it was excellent. Parts did remind me of BF1 though. If you have not seen it this is worthy of a watch.

Funar
Site Admin

Postby Funar » 03 Feb 2017 13:26

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4034228/ 8.2/10

Not that much of a story really. This is all about emotions, characters, interactions and all that stuff. Definitely a deep movie and one that I could really get into and enjoy and as some of you know I do tend to get emotional about things, a big softie. If you need a bit of action or thrills then maybe skip this one.

Casey Affleck was superb and the story jumps around a bit so he plays a likable easy going happy family man, a grumpy depressed loner and also at times somewhere between the two. I really felt Lee's emotions. The location was absolutely beautiful. I haven't been to that town but I have been to quite a few on the Massachusetts coast and they are unbelievably pretty. The soundtrack is also something I really liked although Mrs F had no love for it at all. 8.5 to 9 from me and I hope it does well in the Oscars.

WeeCraig
Supporter
Twitter ID: giarceew

Postby WeeCraig » 17 Feb 2017 00:53

Hacksaw Ridge - Seen some comments above also praising it. Great movie. I found the first third a bit slow but once it got going its was brilliant and an amazing finale that hits hard. I was never really convinced with Vince Vaughn, found that quite a strange casting. 8.5/10

Arrival - Very clever sci fi movie. Amy Adams who i love in most things is excellent here. Great visuals. Emotional and engaging. 9/10

Plaxinator
Legend
Twitter ID: JessUK98
Now Playing: Destiny 2
Battlefield 1
Gran Turismo Sport

Postby Plaxinator » 17 Feb 2017 15:55

WeeCraig wrote:Hacksaw Ridge - Seen some comments above also praising it. Great movie. I found the first third a bit slow but once it got going its was brilliant and an amazing finale that hits hard. I was never really convinced with Vince Vaughn, found that quite a strange casting. 8.5/10

Arrival - Very clever sci fi movie. Amy Adams who i love in most things is excellent here. Great visuals. Emotional and engaging. 9/10

Arrival was the last film I watched. I had intended to watch Passengers, but got confused. I got halfway through Arrival before I realised that there had been no sign of that Chris Pratt guy or Michael Sheen. Still, I enjoyed Arrival but still need to watch Passengers!